Cookies Direct Featured in Oprah MagazineCookies Direct was selected by Oprah Magazine as one of eleven entrepreneurs nationwide.
Click here to read the online version of the full page story.
1. How much time does COOKIES DIRECT need to process an order? Most of the time, we can get your package out the same day you place your order, as long as it's before noon and we aren't swamped with orders. Otherwise, it would be the next day. We generally ship Monday through Thursday to insure delivery before the weekend. Orders received at the end of the work week will be shipped the following Monday, unless you select one of the expedited shipping methods.
2. How long will it take my cookies to arrive using your free shipping method? Our free shipping method is by USPS Priority Mail, which delivers on Monday through Saturday. Packages sent to Maine generally take one day. To New England and the Mid-Atlantic region, your package will usually arrive in two days. West of Pennsylvania and south of West Virginia, it will take two to three days. Shipments to APO and FPO addresses are sent by Priority Mail and take anywhere from one to three weeks to arrive. Unfortunately, there is no tracking information available for APO/FPO addresses. Priority Mail is not guaranteed. These delivery times are estimates provided to us by the US Postal Service.
We do offer guaranteed delivery service using both UPS and USPS Express Mail. UPS Ground Service is very economical: $3.50 and your package will arrive in one day in New England and two days throughout the mid-Atlantic region. We don't recommend UPS Ground Service beyond these areas, since it takes 3-6 business days.
Please keep in mind that delivery times are to the destination address, not necessarily to the recipient. We cannot be responsible for packages left in doorways, pick-up notices left when no one is home, or for slow mail delivery systems on campuses and businesses. But we do our very best to get your package there as soon as possible, and tracking information will be emailed to you once your online order has been shipped. One way to avoid disappointment is to enter the recipient's email address and he or she will be notified that a package is on its way.
3. How come the guaranteed services are so expensive; in some cases, more than the cookies? That's because we don't establish the prices. We get them right off the UPS and USPS websites, and then discount them 10% to you.
4.Can I get any kind of cookie on your menu? Each month we feature our cookie-of-the-month as well as everyone's favorite, chocolate chip. However, we do try to make at least four other varieties available, which change from week to week. And with a little advance notice, we can fill special requests from our menu.
5. How come you don't ship on Fridays or Saturdays? We do make exceptions if cookies are available. But we don't recommend it. Our cookies do not contain preservatives so the less time they spend in transit, the fresher they will be upon arrival. Why pay the same price for cookies to sit on a truck all weekend when they could be there in a day or two?
6. How big are your cookies? They are about 3 to 3 1/2 inches in diameter. About a five or six bite cookie, depending on how hungry you are.
7. How do I go about placing a large order, such as for client gifts? We are happy to work with you to meet your business to business cookie needs. Your best bet is to give us a call or send us an email. We do appreciate a little lead time, especially if it's during the holidays. We'd be happy to personalize your packages by including your business card or a note from you. We can also add a package of Maine-roasted coffee embossed with your company name.
8. I am interested in the Cookie of the Month service. Do I have to order cookies every month? No, you can set up your subscription any way you'd like. Every month for six months, or for three months, or for every other month for a year. Whichever suits your schedule and budget.
9. Are you licensed? Yes. My State of Maine Dept. of Agriculture license number is #1-2238. In addition, since 1991, my baking and packaging facilities have been inspected and approved annually by state inspectors. I am also a member of the Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce and the Maine Specialty & Gourmet Foods Association.
10. How long are packages taking to reach the military stationed in the Mid-East? From the feedback we've received from very satisfied customers, it seems to be taking about 1-2 weeks. While a 2-week old cookie doesn't appeal much to me, they sure seem to be a hit with the servicemen and women looking for a taste of home.
11. What's your policy on packages that don't arrive as expected? On occasion, we do have packages returned to us for any number of reasons. Most often, the address provided to us by the customer was insufficient (i.e., lacking an apartment or suite number) or incorrect (i.e., no such street name, house number, or no such person at the address.) Another common reason is that a pick-up notice was left for the recipient, who never called to arrange delivery.
Should your package be returned to us, we will notify you immediately, as we want you to be satisfied with your purchase. As soon as we have a corrected address from you, we are happy to send a new package of cookies and the original package will be discarded. There is a $10.00 charge for the second delivery.
If UPS attempts delivery to an incorrect address, they will make every effort to correct the address in transit if possible. Unfortunately, Cookies Direct is charged $11.00 for this service. Should this happen to your package, you will be supplied with the details concerning the correction and will be charged $11.00 on the credit card you provided with your order.
Of course, in the unlikely event that the receiver of the gift is unhappy with our product, we stand behind our unconditional guarantee to replace the package at no charge or to issue you a credit.